Search This Blog

Friday, April 21, 2006

A lettter from a patient to Dr Sudha, VYASA USA Houston

Dear Dr.Sudha,
It was very good to see you yesterday in your office. I am very fortunate to have such a wonderful physician! As you recall I came to you a few months ago with severe pain in my leg, where the leg bone connects to the hip and the pain kept persisting. As you suggested I went to an orthopedic doctor for an MRI and further diagnosis and the first thing he asked me was how much beer I drink. This startled me quite a bit because I drank quite a bit of beer! So I told him yes I drink a lot of beer. He said that this is a common condition in people who drink too much beer. He said he the pain was the result of a reduction of blood flow to the bone and eventually it could die and collapse (very bad).
That is when I started coming to your yoga class, which I truly enjoy, and even in this short few months I am experiencing the many benefits of practicing yoga. When I went for a follow up with the orthopedic doctor my pain was gone and he asked me how I was able to have such improvement in such a short period of time, because I could hardly walk, and just a couple of months later I have no symptoms. I told him, "oh, that's easy...I traded my beer money for Dr. Rajan's yoga lessons and I have been getting better ever since"!
He thought that was great and so do I! Thanks again for taking such good care of me!

Sincerely,
Your patient and student
Scott Morris

No comments: